FORUM
Forums Main | New Posts | My Topics | Profile Forum | User Settings | Subscriptions
Craigslist Auto Scammer GMC Box Truck
Total Views: 1867 - Total Replies: 22
Feb 27 2015, 7:29 pm - By grapevine

I put an ad on CL to sell a box van.  Of course the scammers show up...
Here is his first message:

Hello,I want to make an inquiry about this car can u get back to me your final price and if the car is still available for sell, What is the general condition of the car and can l trust you in doing business with you.Get back to me ASAPReplyPhillips Baker

Welcome to the Grapevine Community
Feb 27 2015, 7:30 pm - Replied by: grapevine

I know immediately by the reply its a scammer...
Figure I will screw with him and make him spend as much money as possible to scam me.
Here is my Reply :

Hi Phillips, The truck is still available Bob

Feb 27 2015, 7:34 pm - Replied by: grapevine

Here is his letter back. 

Hello Bob,Thanks for your email. Very well then $1499 it’s going to be. What is the full name, cell phone # and residential address that the Check should be made out to? Also my client would be making shipping arrangements and he would be adding the shipping fee to the Check all you have to do is send the excess to the shipper as soon as you cash the Check in your bank. I do not have the final quote from the shippers yet, but as soon as I have it I will let you know. I am located at Orlando, Florida.Kindly send me the picture of the item immediately and you will have your payment ASAP.Awaiting for  your quick response.ReplyPhillips Baker

Feb 27 2015, 7:36 pm - Replied by: grapevine

I really don't want to give him my name.  When I get scammers, I usually have them send the bad check straight to the FBI office on Carson St in Pittsburgh, but this time I have him send it to my work building.  I tell him to send the check to my boss, his name is Haywood Jablome.  Here is what I sent him:

Hi,Sounds good, send the check to my boss,  He will take care of everything for you.  Price is $1,499.00  Make check to: Haywood Jablowme,  2600 Library Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15234,
 Pictures of the truck are on the CL link below
Thanks, Bob

Feb 27 2015, 7:49 pm - Replied by: grapevine

Now he is a little worried the boss may catch on.:

Here is his reply:

Hello Bob,Why will you boss cash the check and how will he get the shipper fee to the shipper it's not right

Feb 27 2015, 7:50 pm - Replied by: grapevine

I tell him the boss will do it:

He will do whatever.  We deposit check then send shipper money 

Feb 27 2015, 7:50 pm - Replied by: grapevine

Here is his reply:

Yes, your information has be forwarded to my client and he will instruct his bank manager to make out payment to you asap

Feb 27 2015, 7:51 pm - Replied by: grapevine

I send him a fast reply, acting like i am Haywood now:

Sounds good, will be looking for the check  Thanks Heywood

Feb 27 2015, 7:52 pm - Replied by: grapevine

Scammer writes back:

Ok, remember that you to send the shipper's fee to him before he comes for pickup

Feb 27 2015, 7:52 pm - Replied by: grapevine

I replay fast:

well I am sure he wants paid

Feb 27 2015, 7:54 pm - Replied by: grapevine

Here is his reply, he is going to basically overnight me a bad, counterfit cashiers check, will have me deposit it, which will be way more than the asking price, so he will want me to send the extra money to his shipper by money order most likely:

Yes he will include the shipper fee into the payment you are to receive all you do is deduct your asking price for the vehicle the excess fund will be for the shipper without the fund there is know way the shipper can come for pickup.

Feb 27 2015, 7:55 pm - Replied by: grapevine

My Reply:

Well, I am holding the truck, Is the check sent yet? 

Feb 27 2015, 7:55 pm - Replied by: grapevine

Here is his reply:

Immediately l have details on that l will update you asap

Feb 27 2015, 8:00 pm - Replied by: grapevine

Ahh, here is his big email... He is addressing the Boss Directly... If they dont get the Boss's name, you know they are from Nigeria or similar:

Hello Haywood Jablowme,How are you doing today I just got an e-mail from my client that the vehicle payment has been sent to you already that you will get it very soon. In fact you would have gotten it earlier than this except for the fact that the person issuing the funds just got married and he is on honey moon right now so they had to let the assistant issue it.  Payment will deliver by (tomorrow) Saturday close of work or Monday AM. Please do update me when you get this check Via USPS.l have to trust you here  and l don't see any big deal in doing that since we are going to be business partners l guess l can trust you with my client's money since l can trust you with my life to do business with you.  Thank you so much for the patience you have showed to me l am counting on you sorry for the inconveniences l will send you the payment details about the payment sent to you, so l will need you to do me a favor when you get the funds deduct your asking price for the vehicle and send the excess fund to the shipping agent,  immediately the money is transfer to him he will call you to notify you when he is coming for the pick up .  Sorry for the inconveniences once againWaiting to hear from you ASAPreplyPhillips Baker

Feb 27 2015, 8:01 pm - Replied by: grapevine

My Reply to him:

Hi Phillip,
Thanks, I was trusting that you were honorable and were sending the check as promised.  Glad to know the check is on the way.   I will let you know when I receive the check.  Nice doing business with you!
As Always,
Hewood Jablome

Feb 28 2015, 11:13 pm - Replied by: grapevine

Ahh, he writes back:

Hello  Hewood Jablome,Thanks for the mail, I will send you the payment details from my client as a confirmation that the payment you receive is from my client, try and cash the payment same day and remember you are to send the shipper's fee to the shipper same day for him to come for pickup.Hewood Jablome, Am trusting you now don't betray my trust.Waiting to hear from you ASAPreplyPhillips Baker

*** Copyright 2007 to Present © Pittsburgh Grapevine ***